When we started on her family room, her budget was tight. We had to work with her existing furniture and there was not a huge allowance for new fabrics, pillows and such.
We've also changed directions in regards to the design of this room……in the end, she found her style and knew what she wanted.
The biggest impact areas I saw were changing the wall color and investing in window treatments. She did both.
She painted her entire great room a new color and actually sewed the window treatments for her large window wall. Can you believe that??
She wasn't sure about installing woven shades, but after some convincing, I'm glad she did, because they make all the difference. She loves how finished and cozy the room now feels.
Client's Photo (not professional)
Above, you can see how the room looks like today.
She recently told her husband that she finally feels comfortable in their home and how much she truly loves it. They are a young family with two toddler boys.
As part of my design consult, I recommended that she:
1. Invest in a new media console
2. Hang her flatscreen on the wall
3. Place a sofa table behind the sofa (against the window) to add some depth/interest to the window wall
4. Purchase large gourd lamps to go on sofa table
5. Add a round end table to connect the two sofas and break up the hard lines.
6. Lots of light colored pillows to break up the leather sofas which she did and chose all by herself
7. Paint walls lighter and brighter color
8. Add window treatments and woven shades
She has done an amazing job!! And, just to emphasize where we started. Below is the before picture when we started working together. Notice the large blue painted window wall - so happy that no longer looks like that!
She has come such a long way and has been such an incredible client. I can't wait to show updates on her kitchen when it is all said and done!! They say the greatest form of flattery is when a client you love working with asks you again to help them with a new space! I couldn't agree more and am certainly grateful!!
If you need help decorating a room, feel free to contact me!