Friday, March 18, 2016

Dreamy

I'm sure many of you have already seen Rebecca De Ravenel's sunny abode in Domino, if not, you're in for a beautiful home tour.  If you've already seen it, I am sorry you have to see these pictures again, but I couldn't resist not sharing on my blog.  It's that good.


I have to admit this room's paint color has me completely rethinking the paint color I picked for my living room (FB Blackened).  I was all set for a very pale gray with blue undertones, but now I see this and I am rethinking my decision.  Ugh.  I hate when that happens.

If I ever win the lottery, I would love to own Paule Marrot's piece of art called 'Clouds' seen above over the tortoise looking console.  In my dreams, I know.   It is so beautiful, calming, serene and feminine.  


Back to Rebecca's home.  I love the white octagon coffee table and bits of rattan.  Hillary Thomas' shop has a gorgeous white lacquered octagon table (just like this) (on super sale) here.  If I had the space, I'd snatch it up! 

Of course, I spot all my favorite designer's fabrics in my favorite colors.


So much goodness - woven shades, Lulu DK art, ticking slipcovers, awning stripes, raoul textiles…..the list goes on! I love how the decor is so effortless and eclectic.  


Ahh…the bedroom.  Blues and pinks.  Love it all!   So many things to study and to look at.  Do you remember her NY apartment published in Vogue?  See below.  This is how her bedroom looked back then.


And, here is more of now.


Raoul's blue and white Kashmir delft gets me all the time!  How wonderful does it look on that little tufted settee and in her bedroom!  And, the pink shaded sconce?   I remember that settee in her NY apartment which was in her living room.  See below.  


It's always fun to see how designers re-purpose their furnishings.  The settee looks great in both settings.




If you're interested in seeing her NY apartment in Vogue, go here.  It's always fun to see how her style has evolved and how she switched things around!  

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for a reputable contextual ad network, I suggest you have a look at PropellerAds.

    ReplyDelete