Monday, July 11, 2011

Nursery Inspiration

I have to admit that during my first two trimesters, I was a little scared to fully embrace this pregnancy (due to my previous complications).  But, now that I'm in my third trimester, I have baby on the brain. As it stands now, the baby will stay in our master bedroom for the first couple of months.  We plan to move at the end of this year (news forthcoming at some point) so I'm hesitant in investing time and money into any space at the moment.  However, in an ideal space, I would love to have a wallpapered ceiling (or some type of pattern on the ceiling) for this nursery.  




Domino

Store in Nantucket

I think it adds the right amount of whimsy/fantasy to the room, don't you agree?

13 comments:

  1. Love that idea, so much better than a mobile to keep baby's interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! So glad things are moving along smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that you've overcome your fertility troubles - so many women take for granted being able to easily have children and it is a heartbreaking struggle for those that have trouble. I'm excited for you and wish you all the best for this baby.

    I love the idea of papering the ceiling. Have you thought about the Bumble Bee wallpaper from Farrow and Ball? I think it would be perfect in a nursery, especially on the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a papered ceiling and plan to do this too in my little guys room- I'm actually hoping to use the Hygge and West bird paper but in the blue- love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! We actually have those nasty "textured" tiles in our bedrooms--this would be a perfect way to cover them up!

    And yay for baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only do I love the idea, but I love the particular wallpaper prints in these photos, especially the Albert Hadley "Fireworks" print.

    Enjoy this special time and nest, nest away, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful look! I'm adding you to my blogroll! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Miss Fran! Love that paper/fabric. Pretty! And I a huge fan of that star light too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree. It is a great way to add pattern and whimsey without committing too much. Enjoy your last trimester :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea, it adds so much to the space! I think its a space that always gets overlooked so I love the idea of wallpapering it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and unusual. I love the idea of wallpapering overhead and keeping the rest of the room simple.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always been in love with the ceiling in Jenna Lyons nursery. Very exciting! I'm excited to see what you go with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is genius! I'm in the throws of nursery design myself, and it's just painfully slow... As long as it gets done before the baby gets here though, it'll be good. :)

    ReplyDelete