Monday, July 18, 2011

Art Sale: Amanda Stone Talley

I learn so much design from reading blogs, online and shelter magazines - it never ceases to amaze me.  I've also learned a ton from experimenting with my own home and one thing I've realized is that 'art' really makes a home.  I could post a ton of pictures supporting my point, but I know you (my readers) understand and I don't need to convince you.


This past week, I invested in a piece of artwork from a talented artist (who I admire) and am so giddy with excitement.  Since my whole life is about living on a budget, this was a big decision because it is not everyday I have disposable income to invest in art.  But, it just so happens that Amanda Talley is having a Summer Sale on her drawings and I couldn't resist.


After a lot of deliberation, I (with the help of my husband) finally decided on a piece that we love (I am sure I love it more than my husband :)), but what I am thrilled about is that this piece will initially find its way in the nursery but will later be moved around the house.  I like the idea of putting 'adult' art in a nursery as to make it not so 'babyish'.  Here she is in all her glory...


Now, I can't wait for her to come home to mama!!  Think she'll look beautiful with a wide mat and a thin gold frame.  Go now to check out her sale!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Fran! You will love this forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea to expose your baby to art. When my sister's kids were younger her local public library actually lent out posters of famous works of art. She would borrow new ones all the time to teach her children different styles of art. (But the real thing is soooo much better!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more about art, and I love your new piece!! Thanks for the heads-up on her sale as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, the new piece is gorgeous! I love it. Thanks for your sweet comment on the blog today. I wish you the best on your last 8 weeks. Those definitely rival the first trimester in terms of fatigue and discomfort! It's fun to be going through at the same time, and our conception journey sounds very similar. Sending lots of love! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree, art completes a home. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' this piece. I think the nursery is a perfect place for it. Art really does complete a space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! Thank you for telling me about this sale! You rock! Going right now .... how to choose....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, adult art in a nursery always looks great! I love the colors in this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice! I love that it will look so nursery appropriate but yet transfers out of the nursery later on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Fran! I love her art too (and I'm going to check out the sale though I have no business doing that!). And yes, totally agree with you on the importance of art in the home, and how nice it is to have somewhat grownup art in kid's spaces. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete