Here is a breakdown of how her space will get a new look:
1) The things that couldn't change were the aqua colored window treatments and her mahogany chippendale dining room set. To start, I wanted to break-up the all the brown in the furniture and so my client boldly agreed to PAINT her dining room chairs a creamy off-white! The dining room table and chairs pictured above in the design board are actually hers (after she painted the chairs)!!
2) My clients LOVES audubon artwork. I suggested a large framed audubon print over her buffet table. It's the perfect spot for something dramatic because you immediately see it in when you enter through the front door. The audubon's colors are fantastic and determined the rest of the color palette for the space. Below is a more detailed shot of what I was envisioning....
3) We decided to go bold and paint the walls a beautiful blue green teal.
4) She also has a beautiful hutch I suggested that she re-paint in a chalky, plaster like off-white color with distressed edges. The hutch will be flanked with two Ballard Designs Louis chairs upholstered in green velvet with some contrasting welt.
5) I suggested the Brunschswig and Fils Les Touches fabric for the pillows on her Louis chairs and a warm peacock hue check for the seats of her dining room chairs.
6) Lastly, we will be accessorizing with a lot of blue and white accessories and bamboo accents as a nod to the hollywood regency look!