Monday, February 8, 2016

Go Big or Go Home

When you have a small area with not much wall space, wallpaper is a great way to make a statement.  One thing I've learned about design is that not every element needs to take center stage, but when an opportunity presents itself where you can make one big statement, you should do it.

Working with my client in transforming her brown kitchen to an all white kitchen (see here), we are also making small tweaks to her kitchen nook which sits to the left of her kitchen.  I stumbled across this picture recently (which I remember from years ago) and I was immediately inspired!


Don't you remember this picture?  I love the boldness of Quadrille's Bali Isle wallpaper with the white wainscoting.  Love the rustic trestle table paired with the white hostess chairs upholstered in Quadrille's petite zig zag fabric and Madeleine Weinrib's Mandala flat weave rug.  Love it all and when I saw I immediately forwarded it to my client.

I knew she'd love the whole feel of it and she absolutely did.   Here is her kitchen nook below, can't you see it??  I can! ;)


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the inspiration photo! Can't wait to see how this one turns out

    ReplyDelete