Monday, July 27, 2015

Latest and Greatest

Sometimes, when I think about decorating my home, I wonder if it all going to make sense once it is all said and done.  Is it going to flow?  Or is it going to be all a jumble because there are days when my mind feels like that.

The other day I quickly threw together a design board of key pieces that I am currently loving and want to be the main elements of certain rooms in my home.




I am seeing a theme, at least in a color palette, as I forge ahead with decorating my home - hues of blues with touches of red.  If you look at my designs for my dining room and guest room, both have this color palette and lately, I am just really drawn to it.  Of course, I still love green, and there will be touches of green thrown in for good measure.

Here are the details of what I would like to do:

{1, 9} - The current plan for our powder room - have always loved Manuel Canovas' trellis wallpaper and wanted to find a place to use it.  Imagine wallpaper with paneling! And, I love how PB just came out with this mango wood mirror (already ordered it) and think it'll look perfect!  It's the perfect size for a bathroom!

{2,3,4} - This is the plan for our kitchen nook.  Mind you, this plan changes daily (or so it seems) so I'm trying to really solidify it.  It's one of the first things you see as you walk through our entry so I want it to stand out.  Quadrille's volpi fabric in a soft blue as roman shades, those chairs around a white pedestal table and a fun pendant hanging above like the hicks pendant in polished nickel.

{5,6,7} - This is the plan for our entry.  Imagine crisp white paneling paired with Ralph Lauren's textured herringbone wallpaper.  I am loving the idea of a navy console like Oomph's (will never be able to afford this so most likely a DIY) topped with serena and lilly's mirror.  I'm afraid this might be too trendy and so I might alter this a bit.

{8} - For the longest time, I have wanted to invest in a nice throw for our family room.  Deciding on a color has stumped me until now!  I need a pop of red so Serena and Lily's throw in red is perfect!

Of course, the hardest thing for me when decorating my own home is committing because I fear my likes will change.  But, for now, I like where this is going.  How about you?  Any pieces of this plan appeal to you?


2 comments:

  1. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fran. I have seen #4 elsewhere, and really love how it looks in kitchens. Good luck with your design.

    ReplyDelete