Monday, January 12, 2015

This year, I resolve to...

Happy New Year!  I can't believe it is 2015.  I really can't.  I was just thinking where did the fall go?  And, is spring and summer really coming up??  I'm in disbelief.   Needless to say, over the Christmas season, I had some quiet time to reflect a bit about my home and where I'd like to take it.

Resolution #1:  Add Color

I think over the past couple of years, I've strayed away from color because I didn't want my home to become too trendy.

But lately, I slowly want to add bits of colors;  especially, colors blue, green, and do I even dare to say a tiny bit of red??  I want my interiors to be bright and fresh, but, all the while…..remaining true to my traditional and classical sensibilities.












Resolution #2:  Add more slips.

Slipcovers are a fantastic way not only to add a dose of color, but to inject some pattern and softness to a room.  And, if you find a great seamstress, many times they can be affordable.  When my home is all said and done, I won't be surprised if I have slips in every room!! 




Resolution #3: Grow my blue and white collection.

I love blue and white porcelain and I really love it when it is displayed as a collection.  I'd really like to add a couple of more pieces to my collection this year so I can group them like below.  But, first, I also need to find a secretary/hutch.  :)





Hi Dad….if you ever tire of the Delft vase, you know where to reach me! Ha!  We also plan on getting a contractor out to price out some bigger renovations we'd like to start planning.  It's something we won't start this year, but perhaps in the next year or two.  Well, there you have it……let's hope 2015 is a fulfilling one!  Happy New Year!


8 comments:

  1. These are great resolutions, Fran and you have beautiful taste. I can just imagine how all of those slips would look in your space. I've been thinking of doing the same to extend the life of some of our furniture. Thanks for dropping by the blog and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your resolutions and your classic and fresh style. Carry on with it and happy 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all about the red Fran, so I say go for it in small doses and see how you like it. And I'm keeping my eye for you and your blue and white collection. I'd like to start chipping away at some of our smaller, less expensive projects to get those checked off our list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great resolutions. I'm all over slipcovers this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great resolutions, I'm thinking #3 will be one of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great resolutions! I am trying to "quiet" the house and add pops of color as well. Blue and white never goes out...so classic. I've been using it back into my decor as well;) Much happiness to you in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran,
    You inspire me in so many ways. I love your home decor resolutions. It will be fabulous.
    Wishing you a wonderful year ahead.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, Fran! Great inspiration…do you happen to know the chair fabric in the photo just before "Resolution #3?"

    ReplyDelete