Friday, February 1, 2013

From eeewww to aaaahhhh....

The other day my friend sent me before and after photos of her hall bathroom.  She lives in a rental in Manhattan so she is always looking for quick fixes that don't involve huge renovations.  She wanted a to make her "ugly" (her words) bathroom into something a bit more appealing.

Before

A couple of rolls of Anthropologie wallpaper  (50% off) and here you go....

After

An easy, inexpensive fix with lots of impact.  She specifically chose this wallpaper so that it could tie in her yellowish greenish ("ugly") tiles.  That is taking lemons and making lemonade.  Also, she said that it had this sure strip backing (paste-free application) making it easy to put up.

Here is a blow-up of the wallpaper design:


Pretty, huh?  I know these days it is easy to get overwhelmed with all the gorgeous design pictures flying around pinterest.  Some days I think I need tons of money to do a complete reno (gut) job to get the room I want. I just am really impressed how my friend used what she had and worked with it.  I think those are some of the most challenging design jobs!!

Happy Weekend Friends!

7 comments:

  1. I like the way she found a wallpaper that works with the tile. The great pattern really takes the eye away from what she probably wanted to disguise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great choice - she did a nice job. And good to know it was so easy to install too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for working with what you have. It looks great and she must be so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love working with what you have especially when it comes out this gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this. Totally agree with you about Pinterest. Our bathrooms are in desperate need of makeovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! this really is so gorgeous,amazing design and love all the special detail-
    Kitchen designs

    ReplyDelete