Thursday, December 13, 2012

Random Updates

Sorry for the radio silence.  I have been working a lot lately so I'm trying to spend my precious free time with my family! :)  Last weekend, we got our tree and started with the christmas decorations.  I already know what next year's resolution will be:  Start earlier with Christmas preparations!  I feel like I'm so behind the eight ball...


We've been getting our tree at Stew's for years, however, this year the tree cost $61 - yikes!  While I like their mission, we might have to try a new (and more affordable) place next year.  I'm all ears for suggestions!


Obviously, not everyone was happy after getting the Christmas tree; although, Mr. Grumpy changed his tune when we started decorating (it doesn't take much)!  

In other news, my friend is making progress on her living room.  We've narrowed down the sofa choices and she is really loving the Ryden sofa from Bernhardt Interiors.


Such a beauty with it's sleek and wide arms!  This past weekend, we've narrowed down the sofa fabric choices.  I'll post more on these updates later.  In the meantime, we're enjoying the holidays decorating, gift wrapping, going to parties and being giddy with excitement for Christmas!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Elizabeth is always smiling. What a cutie. Stew Leonard's always fascinated me, but I've never been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photo of you and the kiddos! We still don't have our tree but we will have it by Saturday. And that's a nice sofa - looking forward to seeing what fabric choices were selected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stews is our favorite....not for trees, but for snacks, produce and meats. There are tons of cut your own tree farms that are cheaper. Outandabout.com has tons of CT places listed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny we always buy our tree from the boy scouts in town. past years our trees have been close to $100 {CRAZY!}, this year it was only $50. Same fraiser fir, same height. I even asked if they made a mistake. The ones at our local grocery store were under $30. I'm starting to wonder how these things are priced!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore that picture! Cannot believe how big baby E is!

    ReplyDelete