Monday, July 19, 2010

Bedroom Updates

I have a couple of new updates to our bedroom that I thought I'd share.  I bought a large dresser that sits against the back wall opposite our bed.  This is my vanity dresser which I scored for $40 from craigslist.  The detailing on the bottom of the dresser is not my favorite, but it's fine for now.  Ideally, I'd prefer cleaner lines. 
I would like to paint the hardware white so that it blends in with the dresser.  Because we have slopped ceilings in our bedroom, finding a mirror to fit above the dresser was nearly impossible unless I went the custom route.  However, I found an affordable unframed beveled mirror  at Lowes (large enough to cover the attic door behind the dresser & mirror) and my husband made a base which mounts the mirror.
I recently bought a snakeskin tray which is in every lonny issue, but I love it so.  It is the perfect size to hold all my pretty things.  Here is a close-up.
Here are some more shots of our bed.  I recently added a bedskirt to our bed.  Why I've waited this long to do this?  Who knows?  
I've also glued grosgrain ribbon trim to my Ikea lampshades and I think it adds a nice touch. 
Here is another picture of our dresser.  You can see my butterfly prints in the mirror.  
More updates to come.  Stay tuned!

10 comments:

  1. love it all! Your home is looking like a Lonny shoot. Thanks for sharing...it is fun getting a sneak peak into your lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks so pretty! Love that tray and the lamp.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, it looks great. That tray may be trendy, but I love it too. All the details are adding up to one very pretty room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much eye candy! I have that same snakeskin tray - it is SO much fun to look at. I never get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tray, and the little bowl too, great vignette :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking great! I particularly love the snakeskin tray with the ikat bowl. A bold (but genius) pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to focus on the little touches. The ribbon trim adds so much and I love the green and white dish on the snakeskin tray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great craigslist find! The whole room looks great! Love all the little details :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your lamp is beautiful--what a great color!

    ReplyDelete