Monday, August 24, 2015

A Fresh Perspective

I am drawn to interiors that are classically designed but are infused with a fresh perspective.  By that I mean rooms that have traditional design but are layered with modern elements.  Great things can happen when you carefully mix traditional and current elements.


Take for example, this beautiful bedroom designed by Henry & Co. Design (Elle Clymer and Stephanie Woodmansee), one of Traditional Home's 2015 rising stars of design.  

I have always loved the classic Colefax and Fowler's Bowood chintz fabric seen here on the upholstered headboard.  I actually plan to use this fabric as an accent fabric in our master bedroom.  It is such a classic and here, it is beautifully paired with the Chelsea Textiles streamlined bedside table.  A perfect example of classic and current elements carefully mixed.  


A beautiful blue Christopher Spitzmiller lamp sits on top of what looks like Ikea's malm dresser.  And, I love the custom banding on the pretty quadrille roman shades!  I think panels would have made this room too fussy - roman shades gives it a casual yet sophisticated feel, that is also practical.  

2 comments:

  1. This room is beautiful. I've been a long fan of the Bowood print too. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something very reassuring about this room. Love the touch of chintz

    ReplyDelete