Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Our Guest Room / Starting Point

I am in full-on over-drive to finish our guest room before spring arrives.  Once the weather warms up, we plan on having quite a few visitors come to Louisville.  The good news is that I have decided on most of the elements for the room and I just now need to pull them all together.  This is where I am ….


{1} I already own John Robshaw's turmeric fabric and plan on using this fabric for euro shams for the bed.  These will be propped against a white headboard.

{2} I would love to get Circa's french library sconces to flank a very large scale bulletin board above my desk (not pictured), but I'm still on the fence due to the price.  Maybe I'll be surprised on Mother's Day?? ;)

{3} Woven shades are installed and white drapes still need to be installed.  I plan on sewing trim on the edges of the panels.

{4} Remember how I said I wanted to add color this year as part as my New Year's resolutions??  Well, here it goes…I will be adding a pop of red as a lumbar pillow.  Love Quadrille's nitik pattern.

{5} The walls are already painted BM White Dove and I want to do a bold bedskirt to ground the bed. I love checks so it probably is no surprise that the bedskirt will be blue and white checked.  

{6} I would love to bite the bullet and invest a tortoise bamboo side table to add some warmth and texture to the room besides the woven shades.  Most bamboo side tables I've seen are in the the $300 to $400 range…..hoping I can find one for half that! 

Well, that is it for now…..Let the fun begin!!  

8 comments:

  1. Love your ideas Fran! Perfect pattern mixture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything!! Beautiful fabrics and choices. This is going to kill you but I found a tortoise side table on the side of the street in my old SF neighborhood - by far my best street find ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, and yes! I am all over this room! Can't wait to see the finished project!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfection once again. I can't wait to see the finished room. (curious-is the trim in your home also white dove?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the same boat - I really want to finish the girls rooms so that I can start focusing on something else around the house. By that time it will be exterior projects. I love that lumbar pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your ideas! Can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete