I can officially say that I have completed Linda's One Room Challenge and survived to tell about it!!! I might've neglected my family, our pet fish and the house for the past week, but I am very, very happy with the outcome!! AND I can also officially say (and my husband will agree) that our guest room is soooo much nicer than our master bedroom - and there is something completely not right with that!
I am happy to share it with you. Here is my guest room reveal….
Those beautiful brass nailheads caused a couple of gray hairs and took so painstakingly long. For every one I got right, I ruined about twenty. No joke. But, it worth the hundreds I saved from buying a new headboard.
If you remember, below is a picture of our guest room BEFORE:
And, this is our guest room (and which also pulls double duty as my office) AFTER:
Below is a snapshot of my huge homasote DIY bulletin board that also serves as my catch all inspiration and design planing board.
And, my little desk below surrounded by all the many things I love and treasure.
For those of you who have followed along, thank you so much for sticking with me! This was a great challenge for me personally and professionally! If there is enough interest, I'd be happy to put a blog post together about my DIY headboard. I think I spent approximately $180 in materials and supplies at the end of the day.
If you are just tuning in, I've just spent the past six weeks participating in Linda's One Room Challenge and you are welcome to read more about my guest room's transformation during the previous weeks here. Thank you Linda for hosting my first ever ORC. Hop over here to see the other participants and their crazy transformations.
Also, I'd like to thank Nicole Pullen who helped me with the photography! She is based in Louisville.
Sources are listed below.
Paint // Euro Fabric // Lumbar Pillow // Coverlet // Scalloped Sheets // Bed Skirt // Sconces // Headboard Fabric // Headboard Nailhead // Bench // Bench Pillows // Desk // Desk Chair // Mirror // Desk lamp //