Thursday, October 8, 2015

One Room Challenge - Week One

I've been blogging long enough to know about Linda's One Room Challenge and I thought it high time I give this "complete a room in six weeks" thing a try.  Hopefully, this will give me the kick in the you know what to complete our guest room.

If you follow me, then you probably remember my guest room inspiration, see below.  If you're new, welcome!

I had this inspiration right before the summer, but then summer happened and I've done nothing.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada.

So, if Linda's One Room Challenge, can't kick this room into shape, I honestly don't know what can.


This room not only serves as our guest room, but also as my office.  I need to make this space not only pretty, but also functional.  So, no more papers, fabric, magazines lying all over the floor or as my little E likes to refer to this space as the 'messy room'.

This is what this room looked like when we bought the house almost two years ago.

BEFORE:


Right BEFORE the room got a fresh coat of white paint:


Over the next six weeks, I'll be sharing my design plan and progress every Thursday here on the blog and with updates on IG.  This weekend, I will attempt to make my the headboard!  So stay tuned!

I hope you follow along and please check out the other participants here!


19 comments:

  1. How exciting Fran. I can't wait to see how things turn out. I'm in the process of designing our office/guest room. I'm looking for lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see your progress too! I hope this all comes together in time!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see your progress and cheer each other on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Holly! I need to hop over to your blog to see what you're doing!! It's exciting, but nerve racking, no??

      Delete
  3. So ridiculously excited that you're doing it this time around. I honestly wouldn't have gone this round if it weren't for you. so nice to have a friend. Love that E calls it your messy room...that may be every room in my home. absolutely love your plan. It's going to be gorgeous and classic - like all your designs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, you're so sweet! I was secretly hoping you'd do this - I get so inspired from your work!! You're right it so 'nice' to have a friend to do this with especially a hilarious one who always makes me laugh and has beautiful designs! :)

      Delete
  4. Go Fran! Cheering for you and can't wait to see how this evolves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly!! Wish you were doing this too!! Maybe next one??

      Delete
  5. I love the fabric you chose so much...love your whole plan actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine! I saw that you're doing it too and it looks like a huge renovation!! Can't wait to follow your progress!

      Delete
  6. Nice to see the same colour scheme I've chosen for my bedroom. Can't wait to see the progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No more messy room. I look forward to following along. Hollie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hollie! Yes, I'm looking forward to a clean and hopefully completed room too! ;)

      Delete
  8. This is gonna be so pretty. Glad you jumped in, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm doing my guest room too! I love your plan and can't wait to follow along for the next 6 weeks! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your mood board so much! Can't wait to see it all done!

    ReplyDelete