Thursday, August 27, 2015

Lauren McGrath's Upper East Side Apartment

You can tell I've been blogging for a long time, when I remember when Lauren McGrath's first apartment was published in Traditional Home.  Any of you remember that?  It was one of my favorites.

Fast forward to today, she is now living on the Upper East Side in a pre-war one bedroom apartment with her boyfriend, a celebrity hairstylist.  I like McGrath's style.  What appealed to me the most was how comfortable and cozy her apartment feels.  This comes from the traditionally upholstered english-esque type furnishings.  The florals, animal print and ikats warm up the white walls while the contemporary art creates great contrast - I love the mix!


How beautiful are those upholstered slipper chairs?  I'm sure they are Billy Baldwin.  And, the club chair upholstered in Quadrille's Jardin Des Plantes, so beautiful!


I'm seeing more and more of where the seat of the sofa is upholstered in a different fabric.  If you follow William McClure on instagram, he recently did that to his sofa and it looks great.



And, the above space is just perfect!  So soft and feminine.  I love the bamboo desk as a bedside table with the bentwood chair.   The dark chair grounds the otherwise light and airy space.

If you want to see the full article, go here.

3 comments: