Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Impromptu Pre-Thanksgiving Table Setting

This year we are traveling to Michigan for Thanksgiving and therefore, we won't be hosting dinner.  But, last Sunday, we had friends over for a rather last minute pre-Thanksgiving dinner.  It was fairly spur of the moment, but the table seemed to come together minutes before they arrived.


Everything I used I already had.  I scoured my fabric stash and used a yard of this outdoor/indoor fabric as the tablecloth.  It provided the perfect neutral backdrop.  I was particularly excited to use my Home Goods turkey plates that I purchased this past summer for about $3 each.


I also was happy to break out my pewter Match candlestick holders for the first time since we've moved into this house!  I didn't spend anytime on the centerpiece.  I would've loved to have spent more time, but there wasn't any.  A quick run to TJs for some winterberries always saves the day!  I plopped them in my vintage ironstone pitcher.



So, while this is a poor substitute for a full blow Thanksgiving spread, it was a fun and casual pre-Thanksgiving dinner with friends!  Sometimes, those last minute get togethers are the best.  Despite it not being the official Thanksgiving dinner, it made us realize how thankful we are.

I wish all of you a very Happy and safe Thanksgiving!  

God Bless!

3 comments: