Monday, January 7, 2013

Sprucing it up

Hello dear readers, I hope you all had a nice weekend!  You may recall that I've been helping my friend with some design decisions for her dining room and living room.  This past weekend, we got together to make the final decisions on her custom sofa for her living room;  in addition to the final decisions for the fabrics for her living room (will save this for another post).  It's all just very exciting especially when so much time and consideration goes into these decisions and you slowly see it coming together.  She finally decided on the angelica sofa from Bernhardt Interiors.


A traditional roll arm with nailhead and tufting - what is not to love!  It is a beauty and she got an amazing deal for it.  It just so turns out that since November I have been working a couple of hours a week at a design store here in West Hartford.  It is called Spruce Home and Garden.


They have 7 locations in CT, NY and now in FLA.  They carry Bernhardt Interiors and their own private line.  Spruce offers 30% off of the retail price for any of their Bernhardt pieces which is a great deal especially if you're looking to invest in some quality furniture pieces that will last you a lifetime.  If you're in West Hartford, please stop by, say 'Hi!'   Say that you heard about Spruce from Fran via Green Street Blog!

4 comments:

  1. Oooooooh, I love your new day job! I am so envious. Spill all of those industry secrets. :) I love the sofa choice. Can't wait to see the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love that sofa your friend picked out, and how great that you're at Spruce! My husband and I love that store! Will definitely stop in some time and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Fran, how exciting! Whenever I quit my full-time financial services job, I'd love to do a few hours at one of our local stores. It's a great way to gain experience and learn a lot. I'm so happy for you. That's a great sofa. A client that i'm working with right now has a Bernhardt that she had gotten at HomeGoods - can you believe that? It's a nice piece and we're just sprucing it up with pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect spot for you! I'm sure you're style will really be appreciated by the store's clients.

    ReplyDelete