Thursday, August 16, 2012

Earlier Today...

Earlier today, I posted pictures of our new house.  I did so in sheer excitement of our pending closing date (next week).  And I received a number of equally enthusiastic comments; thank you!  But I came back to it later in the day and had mixed emotions.  I'm still excited about the house, don't get me wrong.  But the post felt ungracious.  There are so many people who have lost their homes or are experiencing financial challenges, it just felt insensitive.  So I took down my previous post.  And I want to turn this into an opportunity to thank God for all that He has given me: my healthy kids, my husband, my own health, my extended family and friends, my blogging friends, and the innumerable other gifts He's given me that go unnoticed in the course of any given day.

After we close and start to work on house projects, I'm sure I'll post project driven pictures.  In the meantime, I'll keep counting my blessings and roll up my sleeves as we get ready for the move in.

Thank you for following!