Thursday, August 11, 2011

Exciting News!!

I'm thrilled to finally spill the beans that we will be packing up (and selling) our house and moving to Vienna, Austria.  Kevin will be doing a sabbatical at the Technische Universitat in Vienna for 9 months.  We won't be leaving until end of December, so it'll give us a couple of months to sell our house,  have the baby, move into a short-term rental (if we sell quickly) and then spend the holidays with family before we leave for Vienna.


I can't tell you how excited I am to move to Europe AND to live in a city.  Kevin and I have identified a flat (3 bedrooms) right on the border of the first and sixth districts and next to Vienna's most popular open air market, Naschmarkt, that offers 120 market stands daily, trendy restaurants and on Saturdays a flea market.  If we get the flat, I'll share pictures soon!!  While the move is short-term, I very much looking forward to the change and experience.  If any of you find yourself in Europe (next year), you will definitely have to get in touch!!

16 comments:

  1. Fran! You're the woman--that's alot of exciting things going on :) Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! How exciting for you all. Congratulations Fran!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Austria? How cool is that?! I'm extremely jealous and wished my husband's job allowed him to take a sabbatical. What a wonderful experience. One of my best friends is living in Germany right now, and she loves it. You had me at "flea markets" on Saturday. What a dream. Definitely want regular updates! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWEE! This is so exciting for you, Fran! What a fun opportunity you and your family will have in Austria! I simply cannot wait to read about all of your European comings-and-goings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?? Moving to Europe. I am stunned and jealous and happy for you all at the same time. Wow! I wish you all the best:)
    xoxo
    Amy R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, that is the most exciting news. I'm thrilled for you. I hope you'll be blogging from Austria!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran!! That is too awesome for words. I can honestly say that I am super excited for you. I can only imagine the kind of day dreaming you've been up to. If I were in your place, I'd be over the moon about a move to Austria!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! Amazing, what an opportunity!!! I am so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What, what, what?!?! Girl, when you've got a surprise to share you really have a SURPRISE! Congratulations, you are in for some exciting experiences ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds amazing! I can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an wonderful opportunity for you and your family! it will be amazing. my parents thought the same of what was supposed to be a short term assignment for my dad in the US. so they packed up their 2 children (me and my brother) for an american adventure and here we are 30 years later still living in the US. we used to go skiing in the winter in austria when i lived in germany. it is GORGEOUS there. congratulations!!
    xo, tessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so green with envy but look forward to following all your adventures in Europe. How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. What an adventure! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What else can we say? That's amazing news and I am busting with excitement for you!
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just catching up on you...this is SOOO exciting!!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting! My husband and I moved to California when our daughter was young for 7 months for a temporary assignment for his job. We had so much fun exploring a different part of the US and we traveled as much as we could while we were there. We have very fond memories of that time, just the 3 of us! Vienna is supposed to be an amazing city, and you will be so close to so many other countries, I hope you have a wonderful adventure!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete