Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday's Farmers Market

Every Sunday I try to make it to Coventry's Farmer Market.  It's Connecticut's largest farmers market offering the freshest locally grown produce in the CT area.  The vendors specialize in organic, heirloom and gourmet varieties of fruits and vegetables, and offer grass-fed beef, free-range eggs, milk, yoghurt, rustic bread, cheeses, flowers, pastries and much more.
Some of my favorite vendors are Cato Corner Cheeses (specializes in raw milk cheese.  Bloomsday is one of my favorites), Ladies of Levita Road Dairy, Wave Hill bread, Four Fields Farm and Sankow's Beaver Brook Farm.   Above is a sampling of what I bought today and tonight I will be using the basil to make brown rice linguine with grilled shrimp and pesto!  Yummy!   Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I didn't know those are called fairy tale eggplants - the perfect name.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete