Monday, January 4, 2016

Hello 2016!

Before I say hello to 2016, I like to look back and reflect on the highlights of 2015.  It reminds me of how it started, what I got done (and didn't get done) and how my style continues to evolve.


The biggest highlight this past year for me professionally was the steady growth of my business!  It has been satisfying watching my little business grow (I think I can….I think I can….) while I help families create happy and comfortable homes.  It's really a dream come true.  I love seeing my clients so happy and grateful…..such the best feeling!


Throughout last year, I made slow progress on our home which is a huge accomplishment to me given the daily family obligations, work, kid's school and sport schedules, etc.

My dining room is almost done you guys…..I have watched my dining room transform from a very ugly, uninspiring room to my favorite room in our home.  I love this room…..I took risks and so happy I did because it has made all the difference.



In October, I participated in the One Room Challenge (ORC) for the first time and overhauled our guest room. This was so exhilarating and exhausting at the same time.  The (DIY) project I took on to create my own raffia upholstered headboard with nailheads about did me in, but the outcome was SO worth it!



I'll be honest - I definitely felt very vulnerable by putting myself out there, but I am so glad I did.  There were so many talented bloggers participating and was grateful when my guest room got mentions here, here, here and here.  Thank you ladies!!

The Christmas season really felt fast this year.  I don't know if that is just a given as you get older, but I really wanted to push the 'stop' button and just soak it in.  It felt good to pop off IG for the month (what?) and just focus on the family, kids, watch funny movies and focus on my home (lots of painting projects).  I'm ready for the New Year, a new perspective and to take on some risks!!   Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Great review, & I can't wait to see what you have planned for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had an awesome year Fran and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2016 has in store for you as well. Can't wait to see your DR progress too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room was one of my favorites from the ORC!!! Cannot wait to see updates on your home.

    ReplyDelete