Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Living Room Garden

Now that spring is here I am in the mood to do everything 'garden' related.  My husband and I worked gutting/cleaning out a 29' garden bed so we can plant 5 Nantucket Blue bushes to line our outdoor deck.  I can't wait until they are full bloom.

In the meantime, I'd like to start an indoor living room garden.  My vision is to have an array of plants clustered on an antique butler's tray table (already have one) with a woven mirror above it.  Below is my inspiration.


My clementine from Trader Joe's (repotted in a vintage herb pot) is a start.


I also envision potted begonias, ferns, hyacinths, hydrangeas and topiaries.  I actually just ordered a rosemary topiary from WS so I can't wait to add it to the mix!  Below is some more inspiration to get your wheels turning if you'd like to start one too!!





Here is hoping I can keep them alive!  Once my living room is painted (it's already primed) I will take pictures and share!  Have any of you tried this?  Which indoor plants do you love?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this post gets me so excited...I'm chomping at the bit to start digging in the dirt outside and start planting. But your indoor garden is a fabulous idea!

    I've had good luck in the past few months with a pair of myrtle topiaries (picked up locally at Terrain) and the secret is to give them lots of water, plenty of sunlight and rotate them for even growth. I've probably indulged them a bit too much, but they are thriving instead of dying! I've had success with a maidenhair fern (also from Terrain), which shocks me. Good luck with your rosemary topiaries--I'm sure you'll nurture them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't plants so refreshing in the home? I just picked up another one at IKEA recently. Have no idea what kind it is, but it's green and looks great on my mantle currently. Love the inspiration photos!

    ReplyDelete