Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Our Christmas

It undoubtedly still feels like Christmas here.  The kids (albeit E having a virus and feeling under the weather) are still waking up earlier than normal to run downstairs and play with their new toys they received from Santa.  The toys sill lay scattered on our family room floor, decorations and our tree are still up and stockings are still hung.  We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at our home.  That is our tradition - we like to kids to wake up and experience Christmas in their own home.


Christmas Eve mass was beautiful as expected.  It always makes me tear up and bring the true meaning of Christmas hit home.  We are so blessed.



This Christmas season seemed to go particularly fast, even though I felt more prepared this year than any other year.  You can see our house decorated for Christmas here.  The weeks leading up to Christmas, we baked cookies, roasted marshmallows in an outdoor fireplace, made a gingerbread house, attended Christmas concerts, sang carols at a nursing home, etc.  All the things that are so fun and magical for children and parents alike.  


We visited Joseph Hillenmeyer's annual Christmas store in Lexington and it was so beautiful!  There are more pictures on my instagram account, but the kids loved it here and I am thinking this will become an annual family tradition.  


Back at home decorating cookies and making gingerbread houses were the big hits of the season!  E is finally at an age where she can enjoy it and actively participate.  




My little helper below doing what she does best - licking the paddle and eventually the bowl!  


The day after Christmas we traveled to Michigan to visit Kevin's side of the family and spent Christmas again with 20 family members all gathered together under the same the roof - playing charades, opening up gifts, laughing and staying up late!  


I hope all of you had a wonderful, safe and happy Christmas.  Are you ready for 2015?  Let's go…..I'm excited to see where this little blog goes…..  


4 comments:

  1. Such wonderful memories Fran! I agree that Christmas flew by this time even though I was more prepared (because I chose to do less :)). Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that the spirit of Christmas lives on in your heart! I enjoy seeing and hearing all about your world! Looking forward to a brand new year!
    Happy 2015!
    XO
    PvE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2015! So fun getting a glimpse into your home at Christmas! Your kids are gorgeous! Love the candle with the cranberries by the gold mirror…looks like a very pretty room. I used to have those white Pfaltzgraf dishes and wishing I still did. My grandmother used to have them too. Your parish is also very pretty. I can't show my gift wrapping this year. I've never been so far behind as this past Christmas. Mine didn't even get bows! =( All the best to you in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas looks and sounds like it was lovely and the kiddos are precious. I've always loved Christmas Eve almost more than the actual day. There's so much anticipation and beauty. I too tear up at Mass every year. Thanks for sharing your holiday and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete