Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's happening....

This is a big week for us!  Yesterday, we received our loan approval and the sellers completed the final agreed to repair.  We are only days away from the final closing (on Friday) and the move (on Saturday).

This house purchase was a stressful one - unmotivated sellers, complicated property issues, living in a different state while purchasing a home, etc.  The list goes on; but despite all the difficulties, I am very excited that we will end up with this home because it just feels like it is meant to be (and I absolutely love it).

So, let the fun part begin!  The planning.  Honestly, I have had very little time to plan/visualize any of the design ideas for our new house.  I think on some level I didn't want to jinx it because there were many of moments when I didn't think we'd get this house.  On the other hand, I was completely soaking in the summer with my two children.  But, with only days to go until the closing, I'm letting myself relax a bit and engage in the part which I love best!

To start, I am going to tackle small projects - unpacking, organizing, moving furniture around, furniture layout/placement, etc.


For example, the kitchen - I know I will be craving organization since this is the one room we will be using daily from the get go.  I saw this image and loved it.  I love the simplicity and the monochromatic color scheme.

This is a baking pantry in a cabinet.  Such a clever idea!  I'd like to replicate the hooks on the inside of the cabinet door and use painted moldings (turned upside down) as shelf risers - so much better than those wire shelf risers.  And, I absolutely adore the clear jars and I know exactly which ones I'd purchase - weck canning jars.


I really can't wait to get started!  Okay, my friends, I plan on blogging more on a regular basis since we will soon be settled and the school season is about to begin!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the house! How exciting. Love your kitchen inspiration. Let the fun part begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! So exciting! I can't wait to see what my friend, Fran, will be up to in the new house! So, I've seen this picture before, but had never noticed the upside down crown molding. How dang cute is that? And YES! to school starting soon.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Glad to see you are making progress and moving - how exciting. And agree about getting the kitchen in order - the rest of the stuff can happen whenever but the kitchen is of course the big hub. Best of luck with the move this weekend, East Coaster ;)

    ReplyDelete