Monday, January 10, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly....

So, remember this awesome find for $30?   This is the Good.....


Take note of the red upholstered seat.  See the red fabric?  Well, that is the Bad.  Goals are to paint the chair.  Check.  Done in an awesome new color which I love!  Second, is to reupholster the seat in a new fabric.  I decided to take the red fabric off for fear that it might show through my new fabric.  Well, here comes the Ugly.

Not one layer of fabric, but two?  I thought this only happened when taking down wallpaper?  To top it off the white plaid fabric is textured so I had to take that off as well.

Well, I finally finished and with only one injury when I jammed the screwdriver in the palm of my hand trying to take out those pesty staples.

We're approaching the finish line folks!  I can't wait to show you the reveal!!  Stay tuned.

PSS:  All pictures (except for the first one) are shot with a new camera!  Santa was good to me this Christmas.  I received the Canon EOS Rebel T1i.  Still learning the ropes as you probably can tell.  Can use all the help I can get!!

15 comments:

  1. Oh I can sooo relate- upholstering is hard!! Can't wait to see the final reveal and congrats on the awesome camera score btw! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you! A new Camera! so jealous. :-)

    I am super excited to see the chair. I need to would also love a step-by-step on how to re-upholster.

    Where will the chair go? Did you make an office?
    abby

    P.S. Can't believe how similar we are! so crazy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it! The pictures look fantastic, too, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, be careful with that screwdriver. Try a regular staple remover from the office supply. It works pretty well and is so much safer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just when you thought the red fabric was the worst, bam! you got that little surprise. LOL! If it makes you feel better, every time I reupholster chairs I end up poking one or more fingers while removing staples.

    Good luck, I'm looking forward to the "good" reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you got the camera! That is sooo exciting! Laughing out loud about your upholstery injury. My hands were a mess when I was doing my chair. Removing staples is hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fran...
    will be fun to see the finished piece...
    love DIY projects...
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fran, your chair with be worth the boo-boo. It is going to be gorgeous! I look for these all the time, but still haven't found one. Lucky you :)

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, dear!
    I know you know this already, but I wanted to make it official! I'm awarding you the "Stylish Blogger Award" for your inspiring and lovely blog! This award is passed on from blogger to blogger. I received the award from someone, and I'm passing the award to you. Part of this award is to write seven things about yourself (in your blog post) and pass this award to 15 other recently discovered blogs you think deserve this award too.
    You can see my post and the link for the award here:
    http://loftandcottage.blogspot.com/2011/01/among-very-stylish-company.html

    Cheers!
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this chair and that you are reupholstering it yourself! Hands cuts are the worst, but luckily you have a stylish band-aid :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so can't wait for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Fran
    since I've recently discovered your blog...I have a awarded you the stylish blogger award...

    so, to all my lovely award recipient blogger friends here are the rules....
    After receiving this award you have to pay it forward and follow the rules:
    Rule
    #1) Thank & link back to the person who awarded you.
    #2) Share 7 things about yourself.
    #3) Award 10 great bloggers that you have RECENTLY discovered
    #4) Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award

    for more info, check my blog post....
    have a great day..
    maureeen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous chair! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    Hope, too, we get to shop with you next month!

    Eddie + Jaithan

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is why I take the lazy woman's route and just upholster on top of the old nasty upholstery. ;)

    Can't wait for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete