Tuesday, May 4, 2010

DIY: Nailhead Corkboard

I saw Bryn's bulletin board tutorial and immediately thought I need to try this. 
I used white duck cloth from joann's and shiny brass nailhead.  I am loving brass these days.  From start to finish (completely hung), it took me an hour and half.  So easy.  I am completely smitten by nailhead!  There is something so sexy about it.  
I have yet to pin anything on it.  I will post pictures of my soon to be inspiration board!


In other news, today is my blog's 3 month anniversary!!  I am loving every moment I can step away from my job, motherhood, cleaning the house (not hard to do), cooking and life in general to partake in an activity that fills my passion.  


Thank you for anyone who reads this blog - seriously!  You give me the mojo to carry on!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 3 month anniversary! And the cork board looks great. Did you order the nailheads online or did they have them at JoAnn's? I have a huge board that I've been wanting to cover too; one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. I too love nailhead trim, it always gives whatever piece it's added to a special finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy: I got the nailhead at JoAnn's along with the fabric. The nailhead comes in various finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Fran! This is so awesome! I love your DIY's! Has it really been 3 months? I love this blog! Keep writing... we are reading!!!
    -ME xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! i love nailhead too! thanks for following me and your sweet comment! i can't take credit for the work on my site, but i agree there are so many great designers! i'm following you now too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally want to do this! So creative! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, gorgeous project! Love nailhead, too! Especially with the white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that this is so pretty and totally functional! Congrats on your anniversary, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a serious blog newbie as well and am totally HOOKED! I also want to try this .... soon ..... whenever I can find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fran, I'm so glad you linked to this--I must have missed this project of yours--I think I found your blog in the summer. Great job. I love this board. And love the brass nailheads!

    ReplyDelete